The American Marketing Association is the largest professional marketing association in the world, with members who work, teach and study in the field. By becoming a member, you gain access to a vast body of marketing knowledge, high-quality training programs, the latest tools and tactics, exposure to leading-edge thinking, and opportunities to interact with marketing peers around the world.
Innovative Resources and Tools
As an AMA member, you’ll get unlimited access to our vast members-only resources, tools and content such as white papers, best practices, and research reports written by the most respected names in the industry.
- Member-Only Content, explore the hundreds of the latest articles and research by topic, including white papers and best practices, plus an extensive archive.
- AMA Marketer’s Toolkit, full of interactive templates, tools, and resources to help you in your job.
Conferences and Training
Members receive significant discounts on all national and local AMA events. Learn from the best and brightest from a broad cross-section of industries, interacting and networking with industry leaders from a selection of AMA conferences. Or roll your sleeves up and participate in an intensive, in-person, two-day session with AMA experts from our many Training Series events.
Explore upcoming AMA events.
Career Resources and Certification
The Career Resource Center on AMA.org gives you access to hundreds of marketing job postings, career tips and strategies, interview and resume guidelines, ask the expert panel, and more.
Also, AMA members receive 30% off the Professional Certified Marketer® (PCM) program. The PCM®program gives you a tangible way to enhance your marketing skills, as well as highlight your accomplishments for prospective employers. You can earn the PCM® designation by passing a comprehensive online exam covering the key areas of marketing.
The American Marketing Association publishes a variety of magazines and journals directed to academics and marketing professionals. Your membership includes a subscription to Marketing News and another publication (specialty magazine or journal) of your choice.
Specialty magazines include: Journal of International Marketing and Journal of Public Policy & Marketing. Learn More about AMA publications.
Professional Dues – $300 + local chapter dues.
As a member of the AMA National Executive Marketer group, you automatically become a member of the exclusive AMA SF Executive Circle.
We understand that senior executives face a unique set of challenges. We’re hope to connect experienced marketers for meaningful problem-solving support. Formerly known as MENG, the AMA Executive Marketers have access to all AMA benefits plus an exclusive network of peers and unique in-person networking opportunities at national and local chapter events. There is no additional cost to be a part of this group, but you will need to meet the requirements and complete the application below.
- Access to a private online community where members can collaborate, post requests and ask questions. Executive Marketer members pledge confidentiality so they can talk openly to solve complex business challenges.
- Executive Marketer specific programming at AMA national events. Whether it’s an exclusive roundtable discussion, extra access to speakers or dedicated networking activities, we’re here to help meaningfully connect executives.
- Chapter-level programming. While each AMA local chapter is unique, Executive Marketers will find a home where they could experience exclusive events, mentoring opportunities, networking opportunities and more.
There is no additional cost to be a part of this group, but you will need to meet the requirements below and complete the online application.
- Current AMA Member
- Responsibility for the full communications and marketing operation of your organization
- Members must currently hold one of the following roles (or equivalent): Chief Communications/Marketing Officer, EVP/SVP/VP, Managing Director or Partner. If you’re currently unemployed, you must have held one of these positions and are currently seeking an equivalent or greater title
- 15+ years of experience in marketing or communications
- 10+ years of experience managing budgets and profit & loss statements
- 10+ years of successfully managing and developing teams
- Acknowledgment of the importance of confidentiality and discretion regarding Executive Marketer conversations
For more information, contact: email@example.com